Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hey y'all,
This storm really showed us what technology can and cannot do, didn't it? I ended up as the "go to" person in my apartment building. Most of the tenents are under 30, and seem to be so dependant on technology, that when the electricity went out, they were lost babies! I spent half of Sunday evening passing out candles, showing them how to setup and light an oil lamp without it smoking them out, and how to light a gas stove that has an electric starter. Actually, I had to help that girl cook her dinner, too, as she never used the stove at all...only the microwave. Fun.
Anyway, it seems to me we ought to try to remember the "older" ways more, and pass that along to the younger generations, as well as the Tech stuff. Sometimes technology is not going to help.
JB

No comments: