Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Podcasts

Hey, y'all,
I went through a lot of podcasts in the last few days, and didn't find much of interest. However, I did find the podcasts of Babblebooks. That was nice, if you like to listen to books read to you. I don't happen to enjoy it much, but I know of several people who do. I will pass on the idea to them. Most of the podcasts seem to be either advertising or one persons warped sense of (pick one) humor, politics, religion, music, or life in general. If I want to know something on a certain subject, I would rather read a book by an actual expert on said subject. I suppose the library could do weekly podcasts to inform the patrons what events are coming up in that week, or to inform the staff of the same type of thing. Truth to tell, I don't know what the difference is between podcasts and YouTube (other than video), except that YouTube seems to be of better quality stuff, on the whole. //www.babblebooks.com/shopping/shoppodcasts.asp

No comments: