Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting

Hey, y'all
It is election day. I got up extra (EXTRA!!) early, went to the poll extra early, stood around in the cold dark morning air, and then stood in a hallway for another few minutes, and then(TA DA!)voted. No, I am not going to try to influence voters to vote one way or the other. Nor will I tell you which way I voted. What I will tell you is the same thing my father said to me. "If you don't vote, then you don't complain." If you chose to sleep in instead of voting, you forfeit the right to complain. You have also cheated yourself out of one of the most important freedoms we have...having your own say. Don't take it for granted. My father voted in every single election from 1941-2007. He complained, too. But he had the right. And so do you, IF YOU VOTE!
jb

No comments: